Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well, my new goal to live an un-boring life really hasn't worked. I never have anything to write about in my blog, but I feel that I can't leave all of my readers hanging, just wondering what is going on in my life!!!! Ok, I am really only talking about you Vicki, since you are my only reader!! Anyway, I recently went to education week with my wonderful mother and sisters and neice. (Julie, yes fall under the sisters category!) We had a fabulous time going from class to class, learning how to better ourselves and our families. Basically I learned that I have ALOT to work on. It was so nice to just go and spend some good quality time with my family, and if I have learned anything from the events of this summer, it is to always cherish every second that you have with your family.
After ed week, a few of us ran in a 1/2 marathon. At about mile 8 I though to myself, "who's stupid idea was this?" But, we all finished, me a little slower than everyone else, but none the less, I finished. We then all headed to seven peak with all the kids and had a ball. My two little stinkers, who are normally scared by water, had the time of their lives. All in all, it was a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Cheyenne Lake Family said...

cuppy,
I am your biggest fan. I just need a few pictures so that I can remember what you look like. I am sad that I missed out on the big trip, but we wil do it again. And I know that I am not the only one reading your blog. Maybe you should tell a few more people that you have one:) Love you guys and see you soon. Vicki

Young Family Adventures said...

Hey Jax - Thanks for letting us know about your blog... I tried to get on a week or so ago when I saw you comment on Vicks blog & it wouldn't let me in as it was still set at private!!

We are excited that you have joined us!! As it is a fun way to keep up with each other - without having to totally change your schedule... you can check in on everyone & anyone at anytime of day!

Really it doesn't take an exciting life to be a blogger... I do it mainly to journal what we have done as a family (cause you can print it up in a book at the end of the year & that is going to have to start being my attempt at scrapbooking & journaling... as I don't get either done anymore - so with adding some pictures & some comments - WA-la... the perfect solution!!

Believe me - our lives are far from exciting - I think it is just the kids are older - they have a lot going on... not always that exciting either!!

I think being able to use pictures on blogspot adds a lot fun - especially since we don't get to see each other all that much!!

We do love McKaylee's hair!! She looks like a rock star w/ the guitar & I am so laughing at her sleeping in the doll bed!! Madison use to sleep in cardboard boxes (especially when the boys cut them & made them into houses....) Presto looks very handsome!!

Keep on Blogging!! Love you guys!! We might get to come to Jackson sometime in the next month or 2 as Garrett will be playing football there on a Saturday - we will let you know once they decide their teams & we know his schedule for sure!! Hugs & loves!!

Young Family Adventures said...

Hey ... 2 comments on one story!! Watch out, I have some free time :) smiling!!

What in the world do you all do with your kids while you are at education week? I wish I could go one of these times... but a whole week to find help with the kids is almost impossible - I have a heck of a time finding help for more than 2 days!! Maybe in a few more years when they are older :)

P.S. Congrats too to all of you that did the 1/2 marathon!! I hadn't heard nor realized you did that - what a huge accomplishment!!